Below are our general competition terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
‘Competition’ means any competition or promotion on one or more of our websites or social media sites.
‘Entrant’ means any person who enters the Competition.
‘Prize’ means any prize or gift offered or awarded in a Competition.
‘Specific Rules’ means the specific rules, entry instructions and any other specific details or Terms relating to the particular Competition or Prize published on this website or on any other website or in any other media which features the Competition.
‘Terms’ means these Competition Terms and Conditions together with any Specific Rules.
‘We’ means SimplyV of 23 Dale Road, Sheriff Hutton, York YO60 6RZ and its subsidiaries. ‘Us’ and ‘our’ will be construed accordingly.
‘You’ means an Entrant or winner of (as the case may be) a Competition and ‘your’ must be construed accordingly.
- All Competitions will be subject to these Terms and Specific Rules (if applicable).
- Standard Terms and Conditions apply – click here to view these.
- We reserve the right to end, amend or suspend the Competition and/or revise these Terms or Specific Rules (if applicable) at any time without prior notice.
- All Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be required.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules, you may not enter a Competition if you are directly or indirectly connected with the Competition.
- Competitions are open to Entrants from the UK.
- Only one entry per address is allowed, unless the Specific Rules allow you to make multiple entries. We reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant making, or attempting to make,multiple entries.
- All complete entries must be received by the closing date stated on the Competition information page or Specific Rules (if applicable). Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will be disqualified.
- If Entrants are using a fax which is not paid for by them, please ask for the permission of the bill payer before entering the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, Competition entries will not be returned to you.
- The Prize and Prize structure available to winner(s) will be clearly stated on the Competition information page or Specific Rules (if applicable).
- There is no cash alternative to the Prize.
- The Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable unless agreed in writing.
- Winner(s) will not be entitled to receive a Prize which, for any reason, they would be prohibited by law from purchasing, using or owning.
- Unless explicitly specified on the Competition information page or in Specific Rules (if applicable), Prizes do not include provision of travel, meals, insurance, accommodation, services charges or any other items or expenses.
- We reserve the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equivalent or greater monetary value should unforeseen circumstances require it.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, SimplyV, and its associated companies and agents, exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the Prize details beyond our control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Terms and Conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the Prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party Terms and Conditions and these Terms or Specific Rules (if applicable), then these shall take precedence.
- We will not be liable for any Prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be responsible for any inability of a Prize winner to take up a Prize. If winner(s) are not able or available to accept the Prize for any reason which is beyond our reasonable control then we reserve the right to select a replacement winner.
- Unless stated in the Specific Rules, you may not win more than one Prize per Competition and we reserve the right to withhold or reclaim any second or subsequent Prize.
- Winner(s) will be selected at random from all correct and eligible entries received.
- The winner(s) will be notified via email or telephone within 5 working days of the end date of the Competition. If winner(s) cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within a reasonable time period, we reserve the right to award the Prize to another Entrant.
- Draw date: The next working day after the closing date (unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules).
- The decision of our judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the Entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the Entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards us which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified, we reserve the right to award the Prize to another Entrant.
- We may publish winners’ names and make them available to third parties upon their request which may be made by sending in a self addressed stamped envelope to our address up to 1 month after the closing date for the relevant Competition.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in post-event publicity arranged by or on behalf of us. The winner(s) agrees to participate, at our request, in publicity and agree that we own all Intellectual Property Rights in, and may use at our absolute discretion, such publicity. We may refer to the winner’s association with the Competition and/or Prize in all publicity, marketing and materials.
- The winner(s) agree to allow us to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
- By entering a Competition or submitting a video or image or any other materials in relation to a Competition, you confirm the grant by you to us of a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence in the Intellectual Property Rights in the Competition entry so that we shall be entitled to use the entry in any and all media at no cost to us. Also you will not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party, or violate any applicable law or regulation.
- No fee is payable to the Entrants or winners in respect to their involvement in a Competition.
- By submitting an entry into a Competition the Entrant will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and agree to be bound by them.
- All details correct at time of going to press.
- Images are for illustrative purposes only.